When you work day in and day out on marketing plans and strategies, you can find yourself in a period of drought and lack of new ideas. This is a situation that can be frustrating.
We’ve found that when we’re at a creative slump, it helps to spend time reviewing marketing tips and ideas. It often gives my creative thinking a boost and allows us to overcome the mental block associated with marketing.
Browsing through marketing tips and ideas or even looking for them online can be a daunting task, so today we’re going to share 25 marketing tips with you.
General marketing tips and ideas
- Participate in LinkedIn groups that relate to your industry. Use these groups to better understand what your customers are looking for and what your competitors are doing.
- Remember the 80/20 rule : 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers. Do you remarket to your current or past customers? If not, today might be a good day to start.
- Ask for sponsorships. Referrals can help your business grow, and most people trust friends, family, and associates over a marketing message or advertisement. Why not ask for sponsorships?
- Measure your marketing, know what works and what doesn’t and obviously spend more time on efforts that bring you results. Which campaign brought you the most results? and have you tried to do something similar lately? Your answer might be right in front of you.
- When you’re stuck, sit down with it a notepad or journal of ideas. Start writing. You will be surprised to see what you can find by letting your mind wander and writing down your thoughts.
Product Marketing Tips
- Know your market. If you are selling to an audience B2Cfocus on features, if you are selling to a market B2B, focus on the benefits. For the B2C, it’s about how you make them feel. For the B2B, it’s about how you save them time and money.
- Use social sites like pinterest And instagram to present photos of your products. Make sure the photos are of good quality and that they really show the artisanal character of your product.
- Product testimonials can help you engage consumers to buy your product. Your testimonials don’t always have to be written, why not use video technology and add a punchy statement. Video is also great for showcasing a demonstration.
- Evaluate your marketing channels. Are they reaching your target audience? Are there other channels you could try? Think about it. If you’re targeting young mothers, you’ll find them in very different places than 50-year-old men. Why not do some thoughtful work and explore new channels?
- collect yourself reviews and ratings on your product? Reviews play an important role with consumers when it comes to making decisions.
Service Marketing Tips
- Examine your marketing message, how do you position yourself in relation to the competition? Service companies tend to achieve great results when their marketing message is focused on the value they provide.
- Do you provide services to residential customers? Go ahead and try using an incentive for them to give you a try. You can target specific postcodes and markets.
- There is no miracle solution when it comes to market your service business. Stay in touch with your customers on a regular basis so that they think of you when they need your services again.
- Position your business as an expert in your sector. Write about your sector, give conferences, organize lunch-and-learns. Ensure that when consumers need your services, they think of you.
- Lead Q&A webcasts by inviting consumers to join you and ask questions.
Online and digital marketing tips
- You do not need to be present on all social networksbut do a great job on the ones you use.
- Make sure your website projects professionalism and message that truly represents your business. Oh, and while you’re revising your website, make sure the contact form is working. You’d be surprised how many forms don’t work.
- Use compelling and attractive texts online. If you can’t stand reading your website, what makes you think others will want to?
- Set up alerts so you know when consumers are talking about you or looking for your product or service.
- Write, write and write again. Content is becoming an essential component of online marketing. If you’re not a writer, find someone who is.
Content Marketing Tips
- Be consistent. This is the key to your content marketing success.
- Content is not just text. Content may include photos, graphics, videos and text. Be creative.
- Don’t judge your content success metrics before spending a year creating it. The results won’t be quick, but when they start, there’s no denying that the time investment is worth it.
- Write as if you were having a conversation, you’re not writing an essay and you want people to read it.
- Spend most of your time on character content permanent or content that will still be relevant in one, two or even five years.